Our course is the official 72-hour Permaculture Design Certificate Course (PDC) as taught by the founders of Permaculture – Bill Mollison and David Holmgren.
The full Permaculture Design Course (PDC) is a 72- hour intensive program. This course involves study modules supported by practical exercises, photos, fieldwork and videos.
The PDC course should supply you with enough information and feedback to:
- Plan and implement a Permaculture system for yourself and others.
- Assess systems and structures for sustainability and resilience.
- Design sustainable human settlements.
- Develop ecological food production systems.
- Design water harvesting systems and earthworks.
- Build healthy soil, sequester carbon, and increase fertility naturally.
- Design natural, non-toxic homes and structures that heat and cool themselves without expensive systems or outside inputs.
- Incorporate relevant Permaculture ideas and methods into existing systems (home, office, business, ecological restoration sites).
- Develop your research into particular systems, technologies or strategies.
- Develop personal interests in Permaculture subject areas.
- Encourage community interest in activities that focus on real (and not just economic) growth and development.
- Start-up sustainable income-streams and/or start a businesses related to Permaculture. (After earning your PDC, you will be legally entitled to use the word “Permaculture” in your business and teaching activities).
The design course should provide you with a thorough understanding of Permaculture Design and enable you to begin teaching others.
On successful completion of the Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) course, graduates receive the official, internationally-recognized Permaculture Design Certificate.